The Importance of Professional Biohazard Cleanup
Biohazard required PPE
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained to safely clean and remove biohazardous substances and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are here to help transform any unsafe environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
Please refer to our Biohazard Emergency Tips - Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
Need Biohazard Cleanup?
Call Us Today 318-427-7511
The decontamination of a home or business due to trauma, sewage backups, chemical spills, hoarding, or other biohazards can be both dangerous and emotional. Specialized training and experience is key when choosing a cleanup company to resolve these circumstances.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean. SERVPRO has developed the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program, a specialized cleaning program that goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning, providing a proactive viral pathogen cleaning service. Learn more about the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program to safeguard your customers and employees.
The SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide cleanup and recovery services for many biohazard situations. These include the following:
Common Biohazard Scenarios
Sewage backups and dark water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits – these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. SERVPRO franchise professionals remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture, and help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
SERVPRO franchise professionals remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Trained SERVPRO franchise professionals clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
SERVPRO realizes many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as methamphetamine are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO franchise professionals follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazard emergencies don’t always happen during regular business hours, and that’s why SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
Important Tips for Choosing a Biohazard Cleanup Service
SERVPRO of Alexandria Offers Biohazard Cleanup & Remediation Services
Always Choose a Trained Professional
- Because it’s traumatic: No one should have to deal with the personal impact of cleaning up after the traumatic loss of a loved one. SERVPRO of Alexandria can get a situation cleaned up quickly, compassionately and discreetly.
- Because it’s safer: Federal regulations classify all human and animal remains, including blood, urine, feces, vomit and bodily fluids, as biohazards. This is because they have the potential of carrying life-threatening pathogens such as Hepatitis B and C, AIDS, HIV, MRSA, Tuberculosis and many more. The safe cleanup and removal of biohazardous materials involves extensive analysis and detailed work, and the use of state-of-the-art cleaning and odor removal technologies.
Licensed Bonded & Insured
It is important to use licensed professionals because they conduct safe cleanup, removal and disposal of biohazardous waste. Additional considerations include being registered and compliant with OSHA and FEMA, federal agencies that oversee disasters and workplace safety. Cleanup crews will be coming into your home or the home of your loved one, so be sure the professional you choose is bonded and insured.
Will Work with Insurance Companies
- In most cases, insurance will cover much or all of the cost of traumatic even cleanup. You can minimize or eliminate your out-of-pocket expenses by working with licensed and bonded professionals such as SERVPRO of Alexandria who will deal directly with insurance companies, saving you one more headache in this already difficult process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Can I just use my regular cleaning or janitorial service for biohazard cleanup of blood or bodily fluids?
A: Not unless your regular cleaning or janitorial service has been properly trained and equipped to handle biohazard cleanup and waste such as blood or bodily fluids, and has a legal place to dispose of the recovered biohazardous waste.
Q: Who pays for bio-recovery services?
A: In many cases home, business or auto insurance will pay for bio-recovery services. Ultimately the property owner may be responsible for cost of the service.
Q: Can I have an employee of my business clean the scene?
A: Federal Regulation 29cfr1910.1030 states that no employee can be placed in a position to be exposed to biohazard cleanup of blood spills without first:
- Receiving Blood Borne Pathogen (bbp) training.
- Having a written BBP exposure control plan.
- Having been provided personal protective equipment.
- Having been offered Hepatitis B vaccine and exposure evaluation and follow-up.
- Being provided with a method to remove and properly store the bio-hazardous waste in properly marked containers for disposal at an approved site.
For more information please visit:
Infection Control, Biohazard Cleanup
Infection control of bio-hazardous materials at your business does not have to be complicated. The goal is to minimize exposure risk and limit liability. Whether it's C diff, Staph, MRSA or any other blood borne pathogen, viral or bacterial outbreak there is only one way to handle it. The one question to ask yourself is: "can an acquired infection be traced back to my business?" If the answer is yes then give SERVPRO of Alexandria a call: 318-427-7511
We specialize in Bio-Hazard Cleanup
SERVPRO of Alexandria perform Bio-Hazard cleanup from either homicide, suicide, sewage, etc. and wanted you to be aware of it. If we can be of assistance, please call our office at (318) 427-7511.